Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week #4 - Amazing testimonies shared

Hey everyone,

Hope you all have had a wonderful week and had a wonderful fast Sunday. I have to say I love the ward that I'm in. Even though most of them are over the age of 50, which is new for me, they have amazing testimonies. Also that almost everyone in the ward says there testimony which is so awesome.  As I was hearing these testimonies it reminded me of my ward and the amazing people that I have been able to know.

So this past week has been great and I'm really trying my best to help our investigators to come closer to Christ.  I know that the lord will guide me in what I need to study so the Holy Ghost will touch there hearts. I also never knew I would have so much love and care for the
people that I encounter and teach.

In priesthood yesterday, we had a wonderful discussion. It was based off a talk given by President Uchtdorf titled "Finish with Your Torch Still Lit"

He talks about how in Greece that they had races called Lampadedromia. In this race the runner carried a torch in his hand and passed it to the next runner and so on. The prize wasn't awarded to the team that ran the fastest but to the team that crossed the line with the torch still lit. How often do we make January resolution and say committed for a couple days, weeks, months maybe.  Then soon realize come October that the flame of our commitment is now turned to ashes. We always start strong and have the desire to be the best we can be and but the see that we have discarded or forgotten our resolutions. It's
human nature to fall or become discourage at times and feel like we want to drop out of the race.  As followers of Jesus Christ, we have committed not only to begin the race but also to finish it and finishing with our torch burning bright. One part that I loved in it is when he talks about the light of Christ
never dies.

The Light That Never Dies

"Sometimes after stumbling, failing, or even giving up, we get discouraged and believe our light has gone out and our race is lost. But I testify that the Light of Christ cannot be extinguished. It shines in the darkest night and will relight our hearts if only we 
incline our hearts to Him (see 1 Kings 8:58).  No matter how often or how far we fall, the Light of Christ ever burns brightly. And even in the deepest night, if we but step toward Him, His light will consume the shadows and reignite our souls.  This race of discipleship is not a sprint; it’s a marathon. And it makes little difference how fast we go. In fact, the only way we can lose the race is by finally giving in or giving up.  As long as we continue to rise up and move toward our Savior, we win the race with our torches burning brightly.  For the
torch is not about us or about what we do.  It is about the Savior of the world.  And that is a Light that can never be dimmed. It is a Light that swallows the darkness, heals our wounds, and blazes even in the midst of the deepest sorrow and unfathomable darkness.  It is a
Light that surpasses understanding.  May each of us finish the path we have begun. And with the help of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, we will finish joyfully and with our torches still lit."

As we strived to keep our torches lit we can be examples to those around us and help them light there torches.

Love you all and hope you have a great week. Be good and don't do bad things

Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment