Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #6 - We are part of God's Army

Hey everyone,

This past week has been so crazy and so exciting. Also this Tuesday is transfers and it looks like I'll be staying in LeCanto for another month!!!!

To start off my week we had zone conference.  There was so much stuff I was able to learn and be able to become a better missionary. These are some of the questions he asked. Who are we? What is our role? Who do we represent? What does the lord expect of us? How do we go about accomplishing his great work?  We save lives. We are part of Gods army.  We are gatherers, preparers, instruments. We represent God and his church if we are a full time missionary or not.  The lord expects obedience, having faith, teach doctrine of Christ, and teach by the spirit. We also ask for his help to know his will and what he needs to do through us. As we yelled to him we can touch people's lives and can have the truths that we know.

Also last night we had a fireside in Orlando which is a two hour drive from LeCanto and it ends at 9 pm. Anyway it was an awesome fireside. We got to listen to two amazing musicians. Marvin Goldstien and Vanessa Joy. Brother Goldstien  has traveled the world as a pianist and entertainer. He began his musical training at the age of 9 and has won many awards. I advise you all to look him up. His playing is incredible. Sister Joy is a singer and has performed for many places like in Germany, Egypt, Chili, and many more. The spirit was so strong and as they bear there testimonies I could feel the spirit.  As Sister Joy sang some of the words really stood out to me. One was about when she goes to places to sing and only gets to met people for a short moment. "Because I knew you I have been changed for good". There are times that we meet people only for a brief time and that happens a lot as a missionary. We might not realize that we can change people for good. The spirit can testify of what we say to others as long as we listen to the spirit.

Being a missionary is the best thing ever.  It doesn't feel like I have been out for 2 months. Crazy! I love you all and are always in my prayers. I invite you all to always listen to the spirit and be guided to what the Heavenly Father needs done through you. I promise your
testimony will be strengthened and can bless others lives. Hope you guys have a wonderful week. Be good and don't do bad things.

Love you all,
Elder Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment