Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, August 22, 2016

Week #46 -- It's HOT!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm can't tell you how much I do not like the heat. This past week it was very hot and humid. We did a lot of service this week with helping new families move in and yard work or something. I love doing service but it was very tough with dealing with the heat.

Anyway, we got to meet with an investigator on Friday which was exciting. She is the media referral we got a couple weeks ago and finally got back in touch with her. She kept the commitment we left her last time which is very exciting by reading from the Book of Mormon. She really wants to learn more so we are hoping to meet with her on Fridays and Saturdays. Some other exciting news is that another investigator came to church today  with his wife!! So I can't remember if I had talked about him or not but he is an investigator that Elder and Sister Taylor were teaching. Now that they have gone home we get to teach him. The week that he was going to get baptized he had to cancel because of family issues at home. It was awesome to see him there today.

Still meeting with another investigator. He such a great guy and I love how much faith he has. I don't know if I told you what he does for work but he carves wood into stuff. Like sharks, fish, turtles, really any sea creature. It's really cool. I haven't been able to get pics of it yet but in Orlando he has a store that he holds all of his art. He told us yesterday that he won't have the store anymore. He has been really struggling financially but he still has a smile on his face and knows that the Lord will help him. It's so true that He will.

One thing I was able to reflect a lot on is my personal growth. Really being aware of my thoughts and actions. I see a lot of the time as I am doing my personal study that I ask myself questions. I realize how simple the questions are and how they make me ponder on what I need to do next to change. To become better than I was before. If someone says that they follow Jesus Christ then I would assume that they are doing all they can to allow a change in there mind and in there heart as they follow him. If we are truly, sincerely, with real intent then he can and will change us. That change will only happen if we choose to want it. God gave us the power to choose for our selfs. I invite you all to make the choice to allow the atonement of Jesus Christ change you. It has changed me and is continuing to change me.

"20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20

Never forget that God is always on your side. Have a blessed week!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment