Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, July 25, 2016

Week #42 - Easy day

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had a better week than I did. This week was a pretty slow and a tough week. With a lot of appointments that got canceled. Even though it was slow we were still able to get things done.
Transfers calls are this coming Saturday so I let you know what happens next week.

We got to meet with a member this last week who just moved into the ward not to long ago. He is a less active member and is really going through a lot. We have a very good time talking with him and encouraging him to keep moving forward with faith. His girlfriend isn't a member and has been asking him a lot of questions about the church and we are crossing our fingers that we will be able to meet with her. Sadly didn't get to meet with one of our new converts this past week because she was sick, but will be hopefully see her this week. We were able to help a handful of members move into our ward which is awesome. Just so many great members here in Cocoa.

This past week I was able to find a very awesome talk given by Elder Bednar. It is titled "Ye Must Be Born Again" and I love how he uses the comparison of making a cucumber into a pickle. The steps of making a cucumber into a pickle are; first preparing and cleaning, immersing and saturating, lastly purifying and sealing. These process requires time and cannot be hurried, and none of the essential steps can be ignored or avoided.  He explains that each step applies to the gospel. That we need to prepare ourselves with words of faith and good doctrine and then be cleansed through the ordinances and covenants administered by the authority of the Aaronic Priesthood. We are born again as we are absorbed by and in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We become purified and sanctified as we are washed in the blood of the Christ, are born again, and receive the ordinances and honor the covenants that are administered by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. This talk has opened my eyes more that I need to be completely immersing myself in the gospel so that I can learn more of my Heavenly Father and my savior Jesus Christ.

I want you all to know that I love this gospel. I know it to be true and I strive to live it every day and will continue every day of my life. God is real and he does speak to us by the power of the Holy Ghost. He has been able to speak to me and confirm to me that the Book of Mormon is true. That Joseph Smith is a prophet from God. I have searched and I have found truth. If you search with a sincere heart and with real intent you will get an answer.

Have a great week!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment