Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week # 36 - Best Apopka p-day

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe it this is the last week of this transfer. It came way to fast. I want to tell you all about how great of a companion I have. Elder Meyers is from a little town called Lodi in California. He is a very funny, goofy, spiritual guy. It has been such a blast to be with him. I have learned a lot from him. One thing I love about Elder Meyers is that he knows his scriptures, especially the bible. He has been great about being able to back things up with the bible. We make a great team. Since transfers are coming up, here is our predictions. Both Elder Meyers and I think we are going to stay for another transfer. It would be awesome if we did.

To describe this week, I could definitely see the Lords hand in having us in the right places at the right time. It was great. There are so many examples I could tell you. On Saturday, we went to see some potentials in the bottom of our area which is part of Orlando.  As we went to their house we past by a guy that was outside doing yard work. He said hi to us and recognized us when we pulled up. He has met with missionaries in the past but has only talked with them when he would see them on the street or in the store. We talked with him and we had a very good conversation. Sadly he doesn't live in our area but we're about to get a number from him so other missionaries could meet with him. How possible is it that we run into someone that has met with missionaries in the past at the right time we would show up? This didn't just happen once. Not even 10 mins later while we were in that area we pass by a lady that Elder Isaacson and I met a while back and we got to talk to her and said a prayer with her. There were so many amazing things that happened this week. I can truly say that every place we were at today was were God needed us.

Throughout this past week, there's a scripture that I came across in my personal studies. It was in Alma 7:11-13. In this chapter, the prophet Alma is speaking and he is professing the coming of Christ and the things he will do. These 3 verses specifically talk about Christ making a way for us to return to our Heavenly Father again. The verses say this:

"11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. 13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me."

This scripture testifies to me and helps us understand what Christ really did for us. He did this for us. He did it so he can know how to succor or to help and care for his people. I know this to be true with all my heart. Knowing this doctrine is what makes me want to help others to know of this and help them to know that someone really cares about them. Jesus Christ is the son of God and put him self as a sacrifice so we can be cleansed my our mistakes. I love you all and I know that the atonement is meant for everyone no mater what mistakes they have made.

Have a fantastic week!!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment