Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week #38 - Living on the beach again

Hello Everyone!

First week of the transfer already gone!! I am so excited to be near the beach again. The part that I like the most is that it is slightly cooler on the coast which makes me happy. The Cocoa Ward is really cool as well.

During my first week in Cocoa, we saw a lot of LA (less actives). One of the less active families that I got to meet I was able to meet the other side of the family while I was serving in the New Smyrna area. He was less active while I was serving in New Smyrna but now an active member which makes me so happy! I got to meet his ex wife and her husband the day I got here which was last Tuesday. It was really cool experience to meet them. When I was reflecting on this it made me think that I might be the one that gets them back to activity.

I also got to me a RC (recent convert). He just got baptized a couple weeks ago and he is super awesome. When we got to meet with him last Friday we started the new member lessons which is just going over the same lessons we would teach before baptism but going more in depth. He was able to share a powerful testimony and I could see as the tears flowed from his eyes that he knew it was true. He was able to gain that witness that this church is true. He also is an artist. It's super cool that things he makes out of wood. I'll send some pics of it next week. We are going over this week to help him around his house.

In my personal studies this week, I was reflecting on the knowledge I have been able to gain from the Book of Mormon. It so amazing of how much I have learned in just these past 9 months. Every day my testimony is strengthened and make me more motivated to share it with others.  I want you all to know that I know the Book of Mormon is true. That no regular man could translate this record into English unless he was called by God and given the authority to do it. That man was Joseph Smith. I know he did see our Heavenly Father and the son, Jesus Christ. I am a witness that the church of Jesus Christ is hear on earth today. I love you all and are in my prayers.

 "The greatest leaders are the greatest followers. Jesus Christ is the greatest leader because He is the greatest follower--He follows His Father perfectly, in all things."    - Stephen W. Owens

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment