Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, June 6, 2016

Week #35 - Found a lot of gators

Hello Everybody!!

There are so many things that are happening in Apopka this week. During this week we found a lot a lot a lot of new investigators. It will be exciting to see how these investigators progress in the Gospel. The story of one of the people we found this week is super cool.  As we were going to see a potential investigator, there was a kid on the playground we were walking by that remembered us talking to his aunt. One of his friends asked us who we were. We told him who we were and what we do. He then asks us if we want to talk to his mom and we were like YES! We then talked to her about the Plan Of Salvation or Plan Of Happiness. It was awesome and we are going by this week to talk more about it.

Also one other guy we found that is super cool and we have the same last name. Thought that was super interesting. When we knocked on his door and talked to him, he was very open and really was interested in the message we shared with him. We will be seeing him tonight.

This week in my personal studies, I was reading in the Book of Mormon. I am in the book of Mosiah and the part I'm at it's talked about a prophet named Abinadi. The lord told him to tell the people to repent cause they were doing wicked things. As Abinadi was talking to the king, the one part that I love is when he starts talking about how if Jesus Christ didn't come to this earth and do what he did then we would have nothing. There would be no point to this life and we wouldn't be able to return to our Heavenly Father. But he did come and he did make it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father and be clean from our mistakes.

I am so grateful for this knowledge I have. Having this knowledge is what has motivated me to share it with others. I know this gospel to be true by the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that others can receive that same knowledge by the same power.

I love you all and have an amazing week!!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment