Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, May 1, 2017

Week #81 -- Toes, Bikes, and Zone Conference

Hey Everybody!!!

Hope you had a wonderful week. I'm sure it was filled with miracles from Heavenly Father.

To start my week off, I had to get an ingrown toenail on my right big toe removed. This was my second time having one and I was able to take care of the first one. But unfortunately I just made it worse and eventually had to see the doctor to take it out. Let's just say it wasn't the most pleasant experience ever. Luckily they got the painful part out of the way at the beginning which was injecting some numbing fluid into my toe, Twice! Once they let that take full effect my plan was to video tape them taking it out. The only problem is that I don't have the strongest stomach and didn't last long to where I couldn't look at them doing it. So I'm sorry that I don't have a video for all of you.

Beside that, we had to be on the bike early this past week cause we took the car early from the other Elders cause had was having a hard time biking with the toe. Let's just say the past couple days it's been super hot and humid. It hasn't been fun at all biking but it has to be done. Sadly this week hasn't been to successful it getting more people to teach. I'm still keeping the faith that Heavenly Father will answer our prayers in getting more people to teach.

Yesterday was a wonderful fast Sunday. The testimonies from the many members were awesome and felt the spirit very strong. During my fast, I was pondering on why I came on a mission. Yes I came to help people to come to Christ but why did I want to do that? As I ponder on this I got this answer with words that I could hear.

"You came on a mission so that you could be truly converted to Jesus Christ. You need to be solid in your testimony cause you are needed for people to lean on when they feel weak. You came to gain a strong testimony and become immovable as you stay close to him. You saw the blessing that came to your family and you wanted to help other feel that way as well. You are valiant and I am blessed to have you as my son."

I don't know why I shared this with all of you but I felt prompted to do so. I can tell you that this is one of the most powerful experiences I have had on my mission. I could truly feel the love from my Heavenly Father and knew that those words came from him. My heart is filled with gratitude and joy and peace.

If any of you are seeking more guidance in your life all you need to do is ask your Heavenly Father on faith and he will answer. Just put your trust in him. He wants to help.

I love you all and have a blessed week!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837



No comments:

Post a Comment