Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, January 9, 2017

Week #65 -- It's 2017!!!

Hello Everybody!!!

Sorry I didn't send one last week. We got to take a Tour of the Daytona International speedway!! It was super cool I'll send pics.

Hope you all had a wonderful time lighting fireworks and staying up till midnight!! The first four paragraphs are from two weeks ago of what happened and the rest is what happened last week

I have had a lot of time to be able to reflect on the past year as being a missionary and thinking about the amazing experiences I have had. Sadly it's coming to a close very soon which has given me more urgency to make sure I'm doing all the things that the lord needs me to do.

This past week we have just seen many miracles. A lot of them happen cause Elder Amiott and I have really trying to be guided by the spirit. Through out this week we have both had promptings from the spirit to stop my certain people and we were then able to see them and have an awesome spiritual experience with them. For example, one of them became a new investigator which is awesome.

I also got to go on exchanges this past week with my wonderful District Leader, Elder Hummer, in Deltona.  He is a Spanish speaking missionary and it brought a lot of memories from when I was with Elder Isaacson in Apopka. Those were some fun times!  We had a wonderful day and got to see a lot of people. A lot of the lesson were in Spanish but to my surprise I was able to understand a lot more than I did with Elder Isaacson. I can only assume that it was the Lord helping me in those lesson and being able to know what to share and Elder Hummer translated. It was awesome.

A really coo experience this week was with our wonderful investigator. I absolutely love her. She is so awesome. She is a Florida native and really loves the Lord. We planed to met with her this Wednesday with Brother and Sister Griffitts, but our investigator invited us both over for lunch yesterday after church. We then got to have a wonderful lesson with her about baptism. She has been having a hard time understanding the Book of Mormon and has been praying to know if it's true every time she reads it, but hasn't gotten an answer. Brother Griffitts was able to bare a strong testimony about the Book of Mormon and assured her that she will get her answer. Elder Amiott and I were then impressed to commit her to an baptismal date. She ACCEPTED!! We have made a goal for her to be baptized on Feb 4th!! I'm so excited and happy for her.

Got to see a lot of really cool miracles. Got to Take the young man from the ward with us a couple times and he is just awesome. He really is enjoying come out with us and he is preparing for a mission!!! I'm so excited for him. He also bore his testimony yesterday and I am so grateful to be apart of his life and see the transformation in him.

Also got to go on another exchange with our wonderful ZLs. I got to go with Elder Goff in Daytona and Elder Dummer stayed with Elder Amiott in NSB. We had a wonderful time see the people that are working with. It such an awesome feeling going from appointment to appointment. Really enjoyed my time in Daytona.

There are some new investigators that we are slowly getting which is always exciting. Don't have too much to talk about them cause it was quick visits and really didn't get to much into detail with them. But we do have a return appointment later this week which is exciting.

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!! Loves!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837

No comments:

Post a Comment