Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week #67 -- Moldy Donuts, Rocket Launch and Tornadoes

Hello Everybody!!!

Hope you y'all had a great week and was filled with blessings from the lord.

This past week was a little crazy. Got to do a lot of service this week with some members. Helped Brother Jenkins put his Solar Panels back up. Anything with Brother Jenkins is always a "BLAST". Hahaha.  Lots of laughter.

Finally got to see a great lady this past week that we've been missing. She is doing well and has been stressed out a lot with moving. She finally found a house and starting to pack. We will be going over this week to help her pack. I love her so much. I'm going to be very sad to see her leave.

Other than that the teaching this week was a little slow than we thought it would be. Spent a lot of time knocking on doors with no one opening them. Eventually one will open.

A couple cool stories from this past week was I ate some moldy donuts. We were at Habitat for Humanity and after we are done they always have snacks in the break room for everyone to have and I saw some donuts that they had there so I had grab some and we left. As we are driving back I eat the first one and kinda a weird taste to them. But I ignored it and kept eating them. I get through half of the bag and then look and see mold!!! I about freaked out. The sad part is I had no were to spit the one I had in my mouth out. The worst part is I got sick from it the next day.

There was also a rocket launch this past week. We didn't know this until like an hour before it was gonna launch. The best part it was at night time and I haven't seen one at night yet. Plus it would Elder Amiott's first one the only problem is we had a lessons right after that so we didn't get to see it but got to see a video by the one and only Elder Thayne down in Cocoa.

Then the most recent fun news was last night. Last night we got a tornado warning ⚠️!!!!! It got pretty crazy last night with the wind rain and of course lightning and thunder!! The lightning and thunder didn't get to bad so it didn't keep me up to late last night which is good.

I would like to share with you and talk that I found a couple days ago about change. It has definitely given me a better look about how I can improve to gain eternal glory. There is given 4 simple steps to change.

1. Ask for Direction:  We sometimes forget, when making plans to improve, to check in with the ONE who has made the Plan. There are many spots in the scriptures where it tells us that "He will direct our paths" only if we will ask him in faith.

2. Think Small: We need to start with the small things. We sometime want to make these big changes and a lot of times we will fail. Smaller adjustments over time can bring greater balance and peace to our lives. If a person wants to get more fit, they can't just got one time and be magically ripped. (If it was that way it would be awesome!! Cause I need it!! Haha) But if this life was like that then we wouldn't be able to progress nor learn.

3. Time to Reflect: Regular self-checking ensures we’re making progress (and give us a chance to make adjustments when we’re not). Simply asking, “How am I doing so far?” goes a long way.
Sacrament is the perfect time to reflect and recommit to making those spiritual goals that we want to reach.

4. Keep Trying: “One of God’s greatest gifts,” President Monson said, “is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final.” Don’t let discouragement get the best of you when you fail at first (or second or third). Nobody is perfect and our Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to reach that in this life. He does expect us to try and keep trying everyday. That's what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for. It is there for us to be able to change.

I want to bear you all my testimony of my savior Jesus Christ. I know that he came to this earth to help us. To give us the tools to help us change. All we have to do is use it.

I love this gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I am so grateful to be a messenger of the good news.

Loves!!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837

No comments:

Post a Comment