Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, December 12, 2016

Week #62 -- Ice Skating, Car Shows, and Miracles!!

Hello Everybody!!

Let's just say this week was awesome! Last Monday, our Zone got to go ice skating!! It was so much fun plus I didn't fall on my butt so I can say it was a success! This was my first time ice skating so thought it wouldn't be too hard since I know how to roller blade but to me it isn't the same. It took me a while to feel comfortable and feel like I wasn't going to fall on my butt. One also cool thing is that we got to stop and see a car show that was down the street from our house!! It was super cool. I remember the times that Graham Richards was with me and got to talk to a lot of cool people at those car shows. A lot of super cool cars. 

Anyway, there was a pretty cool miracle that happened on Saturday. Usually the night times are hard to get into people homes but that Saturday we were getting into everyone's home that he had planed to see. It was awesome. We then were going to see a less-active family and had a former investigator pop in my head and thought we should go see him. I thought to myself we will go see this family then we will stop by and see him. I then had the impression to just go see him instead of the family but I really wanted to get into this families home; so we went to see then family first then see him. Well we got there and they weren't home. I then knew that the lord was telling me something. We got back in the car and head for his house. Once we got there and knocked on the door he said, "Hello Elders, I was just thinking about you and was gonna call you to come over".  What are the odds?? We then had a wonderful talk with him and shared our testimonies with him of the savior and the restoration of the gospel. 

At church, in Sunday school class we were talking about the gifts of the spirit. We talked about the gifts that our Heavenly Father has given us and that we need to seek out and figure out what gifts our Heavenly Father has given us and then share them with others. As we share those gifts with others, our Heavenly Father will be able to touch other people's lives through us and can feel of the love that our Heavenly Father has for them. 

Sunday night the ward here had a Christmas Music Celebration. It was an awesome time for not only the members of the ward but also for people in the community that aren't of our faith to join us in songs of our savior, Jesus Christ. The spirit was super strong and I loved the music that was played by so many talented people in the ward. 

I am so grateful for the many blessing and gifts that my Heavenly Father has given me. I love this gospel and the teachings and knowledge it has given me. It has helped me to know that if I'm struggling or need help with questions I can go to my Heavenly Father and he will help me and answer my questions. 

I love you all have a great week!!! 

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837















No comments:

Post a Comment