Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week #33 - The heat is upon us!!

Hello Everybody!!

Hope you all had a wonderful week.  The heat is upon us!! It is now summer time in Florida and I'm not a big fan of it so far. Throughout the week I have been caring a rag with me everywhere to wipe my face cause it's covered in sweat. Even today as I was wiping my face with it at church members would ask me if this is my first summer in Florida. I would tell them yes and then they would have this worried look on there face and then tell me that they feel sorry for me cause it's only going to get hotter.

Anyway, this week was a pretty good and we are seeing some progression is some investigators. One in particular has been taught by the missionaries in the past and hasn't been able to progress towards baptism. Well she is now!! We have a baptismal date set for June 18!!! She is super excited and is really putting everything into learning the gospel. We are so excited for her.

On Saturday, I had the wonderful time to be on exchanges with Elder Jensen. He's such an awesome missionary and we had a blast of a time finding people to teach even though it was really hot. We biked half of the day and then headed to the bottom part of the area and saw a handful of less active members in the ward. We were able to find a lot of really cool people that we will be able to start teaching.

The thought I would like to share with all of you is a scripture in the Book of Mormon. It is in the book of Enos. To give a little back ground, Enos was a prophet and his father, Jacob, is about to pass away. Jacob gave the record to Enos; this record they kept way back then to write about there lineage and also the challenges they went through in their life. Enos didn't write a lot but he did have some powerful words. I love what Enos first talks about.  He talks about how the words that his father spoke "sunk deep" into his heart. He wanted to know if what his father spoke was true. I love what it says in verse 4. It says.....

"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for my own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens".

In this verse, it really shows the desire that Enos had to know if what his father said was true. He wanted to know so badly that he did pray all day even when the night came he still prayed. As I have read this it has made me want to have more of a desire to learn and to know of the truths that come from the Book of Mormon and the bible and from our prophets. I can promise all of you as you gain more of the desire to know if these things are true God will answer your prayer just like he has answered mine. He loves all of us and wants to help us all we need to do is ask.

I love you all hope you have a fantastic week.

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment