Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week #32 - Ups and downs

Hello Everybody!!

Hope y'all had a wonderful week that was filled with the spirit. Throughout this week there was a lot of happy times and sad times but that's missionary work. The one thing that I have learned this past week is patience. I figured being the oldest of 6 would have allowed me to have a good understanding of patience but even then I still need to work on it. Not saying that my companion Elder Meyers is the cause for me to have more patience but it is the work here in Apopka.

I have mentioned last week that we dropped a lot of our investigators and we're going to do a lot of finding this week especially on Tuesday and Wednesday. They will be our two big finding days. Sadly we didn't find to many people that were interested in learning more or even talk with us. Thursday was a little bit better but still was hard. Once we got to the apartment Thursday night I immediately when to our room got on my knees and prayed. With not having much success the past 3 days as well as being the only one who knows where everyone is and who to see was a little overwhelming. Once I was done I had a feeling that I just needed to go to bed. Once we did our planning for the next day I went to bed. The next morning I felt totally different. I didn't have any stress or worries and knew that today was going to be a great day. It was a great day! Saturday was a great day as well. My prayer was answered. The Lord was able to help me and give me the comfort that I needed.

While I have been pondering on this I have realized that I needed to have more patience. Missionary work goes up and down and never in a straight line. By understanding this has helped me to know that this isn't my work but the Lords work and he knows when it's the right time for those to hear the work and then make the choice whether to accept it or not. This work is amazing and it can be a great blessing to anyone's life and help them get through anything that they are struggling with. I know this work is true and that this gospel changes lives and helps us become who God wants us to be if we choose to follow.

To keep y'all updated on the people we are meeting with regularly; there are two people. Both of them are really awesome people and really are just soaking up the gospel. Both are really understanding and asking questions. Really searching for themselves if it's true. They both haven't come to church yet. Hopefully that will change this week.  We do have a date set for one of them to be baptized on June 18th. We don't have a date set for the other person yet but hopefully will this week!!

Hope you all have a wonderful week and I love you all so much and thank you all of you for all that you do for me.

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment