Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week #14 -- A Difficult Week

Hello Everyone!

This past week was really hard. We don't have a big teaching pool and we are struggling to find new people to teach. We did a lot of looking through our area book and contacting potential investigators. Most of them didn't answer or didn't live there anymore. Besides that we have gotten some media referrals which are people the go online and request
a bible or a Book of Mormon. We called them and seem very interested which makes me happy.

With the couple people that we are teaching are growing so much in the gospel. Our strong investigator is growing a lot but still has to give up coffee and tea but we haven't talked to him about that yet. We are going to this week. Everything else he is just soaking up and wants to keep learning more and more. The other person we are teaching isn't doing so well. We had to push his date back cause he hasn't quite smoking. The hard thing is that he says he knows he needs to quit but he's not saying he wants to quit. So it's going to be hard from him.

Beside all of that I'm super grateful for the time I have to be a missionary. I have grown so much in the small amount of time that I have been out.  It has been such a big blessing in my life to be able to help others come closer to Christ. I have been able to learn the simplicity of the gospel and its has helped me to teach better. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you for all you have done for me.

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd. Ste E
Orlando, FL 32837-8479

No comments:

Post a Comment