Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, July 10, 2017

Week #91 -- Being A Pioneer

Hello Everybody!!!

Wow what a week!! I am absolutely loving it in Okeechobee. There are so many wonderful people here. My comp is awesome, Elder Porter. He is from Ogden, Utah! Super cool! He has been out for about 8 months. We are getting along really well and seeing some awesome success.

Here is Okeechobee, it's a branch. A branch is smaller than a ward. So adage amount of people that come is 20. This was my first time being in a branch. They welcomed me with open arms which was awesome. The branch President then asked me to give a talk in sacrament meeting which went very well.

There was a lot of awesome miracle finds this past week. One family that we found this week is an awesome Spanish family. Speak pretty good English except for the husband. He understands a little bit not too much. We had an awesome first lesson with them and accepted a Book of Mormon and allowing us to come by as well.

There's another family, a son and mom. They aren't attending a church right now but would love to attend one. We shared the restoration with them and really liked it. The son wants to take his time I guess learning about it. But they are making good progress though. Got to see a handful of the members in the ward and excited to work with them.

My talk for sacrament meeting was how to be a modern day pioneer. As I was preparing for my talk I love the what President Hinkley said about being a pioneer, "A pioneer stands up for what is right, dares to share the gospel in the face of opposition, and testifies of Christ through your actions."

Being a pioneer doesn't mean pulling a cart thousands of miles but not giving up when we go through something hard. We all go through tough times but they make us stronger with Christs help. Ask in faith and you will be given the strength to endure.

Put your trust is God that he will help you. I love you all and have a blessed week!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837

No comments:

Post a Comment