Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, July 3, 2017

Week #90 -- Okeechobee? Last Area?

Hello Everybody!!!

Hope you all had a great week. This week was pretty crazy. A lot of cool spiritual experiences I was able to have this week. I can say that may faith has grown a lot. You know I can tell ya that when the scriptures talk about that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass that it is so true. By doing the small things we can grow at such a rapid pace.

Anyway, so transfers are tomorrow and sadly I will be leaving Conway and so will Elder McKee. We are being replaced by Sister missionaries. It will be good not only for the people that we have been teaching but also the ward as well. I will be transfer to Okeechobee and my new comp is Elder Porter. So pretty much going to the middle of nowhere. It's pretty crazy cause this will most likely be my last area that I will be in.  I excited though about it going there cause there's a lot of potential.

Through the spiritual experience that I have been able to have this past week I have learned a lot about faith. There's a wonderful quote that I have from Kevin W. Pearson from the Quorum of the Seventy which says, "Obedience builds faith in Christ. Faith is a principle of Action and Power."

Through our obedience our faith will lead us to act then the power comes by us acting. Faith is something that takes a while to grow. It doesn't come easy but takes time to build. But something I have learned from faith that there are times that we may not know which way to go. Taking Nephi for example, when him and his brothers return to Jerusalem to receive the brass plates and after failing twice Nephi knew that the promise from the lord would be fulfilled, that they would get the plates. As Nephi went into Jerusalem, it specifically stated that he knew not of what to do but was filled with the spirit. He didn't know what to do but walked by faith. There are times it might seem very scary to take that leap of faith cause we don't know what the outcome will be. But there are many promises that lord gives to us and just like the one he gave to Nephi it will be fulfilled as we exercise our faith. I can promise you that as you take that step or steps you will be strengthened and grow from those experiences just like I did.

 I love you all and hope you have a blessed week.

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837





No comments:

Post a Comment