Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

Week # 58 -- Applying Christ Atonement

Hello Everybody!!

Hope you all had a wonderful week and got to see the blessings of God in your life. This week has been a very successful week in growing my knowledge, spiritual strength, and being a better teacher.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ has been such a wonderful thing in my life. It has been able to help me overcome many of my weaknesses. The more I apply it in my life, even for the little mistakes that I have made, I gained more understand of our Saviors love for us and why he did it. From Preach my Gospel is says, “As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase”.

Why is it that as we understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ that our desire to share the gospel will increase? If we don't know how to apply the Atonement into our own lives then how are we going to help others or when be able to understand what they are feeling? It will be impossible for us to do.

I know I'm not perfect or even close to it but as I keep applying the Atonement in my life continually I feel the close connection I'm gaining to my Savior Jesus Christ. He understands me fully and know what I'm feeling. He has asked us to put our sins and pains upon him so we don't have to have those feelings anymore. As we do so the chains that bind us will be lifted and we will be free from sorrow or pains we feel. I can promise you that the Atonement works and is for everyone.

"However many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.", by Elder Holland

Elder Holland hits in on the nail. We have not run out of chances to make things right or have made to many mistakes to be forgiven. If you feel this then I challenge you to seek and APPLY the Atonement right now. Our Heavenly Father wants us to change and the Atonement will help us change. I will close with Elder Hollands words.

"So if you have made covenants, keep them. If you haven’t made them, make them. If you have made them and broken them, repent and repair them. It is never too late so long as the Master of the vineyard says there is time. Please listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit telling you right now, this very moment, that you should accept the atoning gift of the Lord Jesus Christ and enjoy the fellowship of His labor. Don’t delay. It’s getting late." By Elder Holland

I bear you my testimony that the power of the atonement can change and help anyone no matter the mistake or pain someone has been feeling. I have been able to feel the healing power of the atonement and is helping me teach others receive the same healing power. I love you all so dearly. Don't delay.

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32837

No comments:

Post a Comment