Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week #49 -- Transfers??

Hello Everyone!

I thought I would let you all know that I will be........STAYING in cocoa for another six weeks with......Elder......Thang! Yes Elder Thang. Which means sadly that Elder Armijo is leaving and will be spending is last two transfers in Conway, it's near Orlando. Had a good time with Elder Armijo and was a good learning experience. I'm super excited to stay here in Cocoa for another six weeks. Gives me more time to help our investigator and others that we are working with.

Speaking of our investigator, we had just an amazing lesson last Wednesday with him and his wife. We focused a lot on faith cause it seemed last time we met with him he didn't have much faith. As we went through the scriptures, we started in Alma 32 were it explains what faith is. I love verse 21, it explains faith perfectly and simple.

21 And now as I said concerning faith--faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true. We then went to Ether 12:6 which says

6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

The reason we went to this scripture is because we know that he isn't going to revive his answer to know if the church is true unless he puts everything we have taught him to the test. By reading your
scriptures daily, coming to church, praying, and following the commandments. If he doesn't put it to the test he won't be able to gain his witness. I happy to say that he is. He just has a couple things he is working through.

Sorry this will be a short one.  You are all in my prayers and love you all very much. Have a great week!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission









No comments:

Post a Comment