Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week #12 -- Christmas SKYPE

Hello Everybody!!

This past week was awesome!! Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and hope that Santa was good to all of you.

So, I have received word that I am getting transferred to a new area in the Orlando mission. I won't find out who my new companion and what area I will be in till Tuesday. Next week I will let you all know where my new area is. Anyway, this past week was awesome besides that it was Christmas. We got to meet with a part member family. The husband is a member and his wife is a non-member. She has a lot of health problems and really has a hard time with understanding if God is really there for her if all these things have happened to her. She also has a hard time with understanding the Book of Mormon cause of an accident she was in. We then told her that we had Book of Mormon class on Wednesday nights. She didn't come last time but we will try to get her out to it next time. 

We have had a couple media referrals that didn't turn out to be very successful. Like one for example, we saw a lady named Happy Loves. It's not her real name by the way. She has had a really bad life and knows that God doesn't love her cause if he did then he wouldn't allow all the things that she has gone through happen to her. We tried to teach her and help her see that God does love her but she wasn't open to it. I don't think we will be returning. Besides that we had Christmas Eve dinner at a members and she had a non member there. After dinner we showed the video "He is the gift". The spirit was so strong. Powerful testimonies were shared and I knew that she could feel it. I'm really hoping that Elder Gubler and his new companion will be able to go by and teach a lesson.  

Next was Christmas!! We had weekly planing that day so we planned for the next week of who we were going to see and what our goals were going to be and what we needed to do to accomplish them. We then went to a members house so we could skype our family which was awesome!  Saturday we saw some less actives and then hand a recent convert lesson with Danielle. So every time that  someone is baptized the lessons they were taught before are retaught. This helps a of people cause questions might come up this time than before they get baptized.

It is really sad that I will be going to a new area. I never thought how much love I could have for a ward and investigators in a short amount of time. I'm going to miss the lecanto ward very much. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
10502 Satellite Blvd. Ste E
Orlando, FL 32837-8479


It was SOOOOOO WONDERFUL to be able to hear his voice and see his face!

We all squeezed in front of the TV so he could see all of us -- best gift ever!!
 
A ward member sent this to me in December -- I love it! 
Funny that we never saw the resemblance!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment