Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Called to serve the Florida Orlando Mission

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week #11 -- Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful week and have a wonderful Christmas. I always love the Christmas season. It always seems that more hearts are open. It's wonderful to find new people to teach and for their hearts to be touched by the message we have to share with them.

Throughout this week many things have happened. We took Elder LeCheminant to the mission office in Orlando for him to return home. Sad to see him go and I will miss him. He has taught me so much and have still more to learn.

We saw a lot of less actives this past week and went to finding potential investigators. It's really hard with being Christmas this week when everyone is out of town or all the family is at home and they don't want to be bothered. Didn't have a lot of success there but
we did find a women that seemed interested in the Book of Mormon and we are going to see her on Tuesday.

We also saw Dave many times this past week to help him overcome his Tobacco problem. We think we are making progress and help him with new ways to overcome it, but keeps falling bad into smoking. He really is almost there just needs to push a little more and he will be able to get through it. I can see it in his eyes that he wants to overcome it and with Heavenly Fathers help he can do it.

On Friday, we had a Christmas devotional for our mission. It was awesome!  So many musical talents were shared and the spirit was so strong. Also wonderful messages given by President and Sister Berry. We then got to eat some food and talk with other missionaries
throughout the mission.

Also one exciting news is that one of our investigators was baptized and confirmed a member. What an experience!  It was so cool to see her follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized. It also made me think of the time I was baptized and the promises I made
with God. I have been able to see the blessing in my life and in my family as I have kept those promises. The one thing I love that our Heavenly Father has given us is the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost can guide, warn, testify of truth, and  prompt us to do something. What an amazing gift that God has given us. It has helped me in so many ways.

I would like to share with you my testimony of our savior Jesus Christ...

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and is the way to return to our Heavenly Father again. Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price by suffering for our sins. He did this because he loves us so much and knew that it was the only way for us to return to our Heavenly Father. He has been through it all. He knows the pains that we feel and the struggles that we go through. Every time that we might fall he is right there helping us back up. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That the Book of Mormon was translated by prophet named Joseph Smith.  I have asked Heavenly Father through pray if all these things are true and they are.  I would like to ask all of you to ask God as well and have your own witness to know if what I say is true. You will have that answer by the power of the Holy Ghost. It is a warm, peaceful, comforting feeling. It is a feeling that you will never forget.

I love you all and wish you a Merry Christmas!!

Elder Pearson
Florida Orlando Mission
LeCanto Ward
10502 Satellite Blvd. Ste E
Orlando, FL 32837-8479

Elder Gubler and Elder Pearson on Christmas Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment